How We Invest Collaboratively
SeaChange is proud of our Collaborative Capital model. Take a look:
What are we looking for?
- Companies in the Pacific Northwest: Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Alaska and British Columbia
- Seeking Seed to Early Stages Capital
- Possessing a capital-efficient business model and credible growth and exit plans.
- Targeting large, fast-growth markets. (Disruptive solutions may get bonus points!)
- We’re market neutral. But we’re currently mostly in technology that solves real market pain
- A strong management team – passionate about their story – with credentials and experience appropriate to their role and challenges
Ready To Be Our Next Successful Company?
What being a SeaChange company means to you
At SeaChange, we’re committed to building strong partnerships with our chosen investments, not just providing capital.
Before We Invest:
You’ll have a single contact point for all of our interaction, to answer questions, drive the process, and guarantee that you’ll get:
- Due consideration and respect for your vision and planning
- In-depth review and analysis of your company’s opportunities, challenges and plans
- Frank and honest feedback from our highly experienced collaborator-investors. (Even if we don’t invest initially, we may in later rounds).
- Sensitivity to your time while raising capital
We aim to complete diligence and make a decision within just one month from first contact
You’ll receive a single large check immediately our agreement is executed.
After We Invest:
We love to be collaborators in your success story. Our large investor community and our Fund managers are available for as long as you need us, as:
- Hands-on executive mentors;
- Board observers or members;
- Operations and Industry expert advisors;
- Sources of high-quality talent.
How it Works: The Process
- You send us your business plan and any relevant supporting material
- We pre-screen, determine if there may be a fit, and respond back to you. We endeavor to respond to all applicants even if they did not make the cut.
- Successful applicants will talk to one of SeaChange’s management team and may be asked to pitch to our Screening Committee consisting of selected Investors and the Fund management team
- Up to three companies are selected by the Screening Committee and invited to present to the full membership of investors at SeaChange’s next monthly meeting, which is typically 1 week after the Screening Committee meeting
- At our monthly meetings, you present and interact with our members. A decision is made, by investor vote, of whether or not to take a presenting company into formal due diligence.
- If you are selected, we strive to complete due diligence in one month using a thorough and thoughtful process. If the diligence team determines a company should be considered for investment, a detailed investment memo is written and circulated. The investors vote on the investment.
We love new connections! Give us your thoughts and questions below. We’ll respond promptly.